Thursday 10 December 2015

Look Good Feel Better Workshop

This is something I had never heard of before I got Leukemia! Its a workshop run by a charity where you are given help and advice on how to look your best during cancer treatment.  Its like a pampering session, you are shown how to cleanse and tone, then how to apply make up.  Its great and the free make up and products you get are amazing!

I was told about this by the nurses and ward manager while on my second cycle of chemo.  They were so good and arranged that days chemo around the workshop so that I could attend!

At the workshop there were some people like me who were staying in hospital and some that were day patients.  Some had lost their hair, some wore hats, some didn't.  In fact it was a hot day and one of the ladies took hers off as she was too hot so all the others did too!!  This was my first experience of meeting other cancer patients from the outside world and how even though we were strangers we supported each other by being brave enough to take our hats off!!

It was lovely to have this pampering time as while you are going through treatment you are not able to do things like go to your local salon!  For me it was just nice to have a change of scene and break up the monotony of long stays in hospital!

They show you how to do make up and most importantly how to add eyebrows if you have lost yours, I found this really helpful as it gave me more confidence.

The products you get to use are premium for example, Clinique, Estee Lauder, Lancome, No7, you also get a lovely bottle of perfume!

This is a great charity and here is the link to their website!
http://www.lookgoodfeelbetter.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch!!! Butterfly...