Monday 8 February 2016

Bloodwise - The Blood Cancer Charity

I have to admit that before I was diagnosed with Leukaemia I wasn't aware of the Charity, Bloodwise, formally known as Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research.  I am honoured to be asked by the charity to be a media ambassador and am really looking forward to doing everything I can to help raise money and awareness!

Image result for bloodwise

Bloodwise was founded in 1960 by the Eastwood family after they lost their daughter, Susan to Leukaemia. In those days there was not much hope for anyone diagnosed with Leukaemia however if Susan had been diagnosed today there is a 9 in 10 chance that she'd survive!  Her parents set up the charity to try to prevent any more families going through what they had to!  It's thanks to them and all the people who have donated and helped the charity that the prognosis for a lot of patients now is a lot better.

You can read the full story by clicking on this link!
https://bloodwise.org.uk/page/sylvia%E2%80%99s-story
Image result for bloodwise
I feel now that I have been given a second chance that I want to make it count!  

In my role as Ambassador I will be doing lots of things to help including fundraising, raising awareness, helping with future research and lots more!  I will update my blog about anything I can!

My husband is doing the London Prudential 100 for Bloodwise and we are organising a charity ball in Louth to raise funds in October this year.  He is also planning some more bike rides. My daughter is raising money at her school by selling pin badges and last year her dance school make a generous donation to the charity after I was diagnosed!  We are now quite the fundraising family!

Image result for bloodwise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch!!! Butterfly...